Sensor Settings Android Application Help
All Elsys sensors reboots when you write new settings to the sensor via the NFC.
App writes data to sensor –> sensor waits 10 sec–>reboots–>sensor checking NFC and change settings –> sensor clears NFC and rewrites data -> sensor reboots and starts up.
Predicted time from NFC write to working sensor: 20-25 seconds
- WRITE: Writes data to sensor, tap sensor to write new data.
- CAL CO2: Calibrate Co2 sensor in fresh air. Put ERS sensor in fresh air (400ppm) for some time (10-20 minutes) and then calibrate sensor.
- Sensor: Choose sensor type, automatically updates if a sensor is read.
- Time base: The main timebase for the sensor, this is the interval for the sensor to wake up and sample data.
- Pir configuration: Configuration for the motion detector, see below.
- Sensor samples times: Timebase for different sensors (leave at 1 for most cases)
- Sensor keys: Settings for encryption keys and join modes.
- Advanced: Advanced settings for the sensor.
- Version 2 features: Settings for 2.xx sensors, see below.
- Only open tabs will be written to the sensor.
- ID: Unique id for server backend.
- Auto update: Updated GUI from NFC data automatically.
- Write multiple: Write multiple sensors with the same settings.
- Rotate screen: Chooses if the screen rotates or not.
- History buttons: Show history navigate buttons.
- Debug: Show debug information and “SEND DEBUG” button at the bottom of the application
- Lock Sensor: Locking the sensor with a PIN code, see below.
- Default settings: Load default settings to all fields.
- Help: Link to this site.
- Mail Logfile: Mail application log file (all reads and writes).
- Enable server: The application sends data to the server when writing and reading sensors. Can be used for auto store or log keys on server.
- Server address: Address to external server.
Sensor sample times
- Temperature period: Temperature sample period. Value * Timebase= Sample time. Most of the time it’s easiest to use 1 as period and only change Timebase
- Humidity period: Humidity sample period. This setting will not change the behaviour of newer sensors because humidity is sampled together with temperature (same sensor).
- Light period: Light intensity sample period.
- Co2 period: Co2 sample period
- Accelerometer period: Accelerometer sample period
- Pir period: Motion sensor sample period.
- External period: External sensor sample period.
- External startup time: Startup time before sampling external sensor. Power is enabled x mS before the sensor is sampled.
- Trigger timeout: Minimum time between two external trigger events. Used when an external switch is input source (Switch Bounce).
- Battery Period: Battery sample period.
- Transmit Period: Transmit sample period.
- Over the air activation: Switch join mode between: “over the air activation” and “personalization”
- Device EUI: The unique ID of the sensor
- AppEUI: Application ID (8bytes or 16 hex digits)
- AppKey: Application unique key (16bytes or 32hex digits)
- Device address: Device address if not using OTAA* (4bytes or 8hex digits)
- App session key: Application unique session key (16bytes or 32hex digits) (not using OTAA*)
- Network session key: Network unique session key (16bytes or 32hex digits) (not using OTAA*)
*OTAA (Over The Air Activation)
- Datarate deafult: Default data rate for the sensor.
- Datarate min: Minimum data rate for the sensor.
- Datarate max: Maximum data rate for the sensor. If data rate min, max and def is the same, the server can’t change sensor data rate.
- Payload type: Change payload type between raw and elsys. Raw is obsolete and will be removed in the future.
- Port: LoRa communication port
Version 2 features
- Confirmed message: Use confirmed frames when sending data to the server.
- Sample queue size: Internal sample queue size.
- Queue offset: Send offset bytes in the payload, see payload documentation for more information.
- Queue purge: Remove sent samples from queue.
- Frequency plan: Change the sensor frequency plan (only supported frequency plans can be used).
- Supported frequency plans: Frequency plans that the sensor supports.
- Sub-band: Sub-band for the hybrid modes.
Pir configuration(Motion sensor)
- Off: Pir sensor is off
- Trigger: Sensor sends package on motion
- Count: Sensor counts motions events between two transmissions
*PIR (passive infrared sensor) Motion sensor
- Off: external sensor power and input is off.
- Analog input: Analog input (0-10V) between the input pin and Gnd. The input pin is internally pulled down by 6.5k.
- Pulse input (pull down): Signal is applied between input and B+. The input pin is internally pulled down by 20k. Sensor sends the pulse counts between two transmissions
- Pulse input (pull up): Signal is applied between input and Gnd. The input pin is internally pulled up by 20k. Sensor sends the pulse counts between two transmissions
- Absolute pulse count (pull down): Signal is applied between input and B+. The input pin is internally pulled down by 20k. Sensor sends absolute pulse counts from startup
- Absolute pulse count(pull up): Signal is applied between input and Gnd. The input pin is internally pulled up by 20k. Sensor sends absolute pulse counts from startup
- Temperature sensor 1wire: External temperature probe.
- Switch NO: Switch is connected between input and Gnd. The input pin is internally pulled up by 20k. Sensor battery life will be drastically reduced if the switch is closed for a long time.
- RFU (Switch NC): Not implemented (normally closed switch is not good for battery powered devices)
- Digital Input: Digital signal between input and Gnd. The sensor will sample input level at the external interval.
- Distance sensor SRF01: Obsolete distance sensor.
- Decagon: Decagon soil moister sensor is connected to ELT-1
- Water leak sensor: Sensor, sensor cable or open ends cable is connected between B+ and input. The sensor sends a value which represents the conductivity. Any cable with open ends can be used.
- Distance sensor MaxBotix: MaxBotix (TTL, RS232) distance sensor is connected to ELT-1.
- GPS: NMEA 3.3V external sensor is connected to ELT-1. Often GPS sensors needs 1 minute to get a position. Set “External startup time” to >60000ms (1 minute).
- Temperature sensor + Switch: External temperature probe and switch is connected to ELT-1. This setting is often used when monitoring fridges(inside temperature + door).
*NO (normal open)
*RFU (reserved for future use)
Calibrate Co2 sensor in fresh air. Put ERS sensor in fresh air (400ppm) for some time (10-20 minutes) and then calibrate the sensor. The sensor will reset internal filters and reference values. ERS has also an automatic background calibration of the Co2 sensor so ERS auto calibrates the Co2 sensor over time.
Locks the sensor so no settings can be read or written to the sensor